Tuesday 25 June 2013

Cool Water by Davidoff (1988)


Cool Water by Davidoff


Let's be honest, who HASN'T heard of this? Nobody, unless you have been living under a rock for the past 30 years, which if so then my hat goes off to you, however this fragrance is well known for one reason: It was the first aquatic fragrance to hit shelves, before Acqua Di Gio and Versace Pour Homme, Cool Water was sitting on a beach in 1988 searching for a fuck to give, that's how cool it is.

Now for some basic information. Cool Water was created by Davidoff, as in Zino Davidoff, the world's cigar king...now be honest a fragrance produced by a company that was heavily involved in bringing Cuban cigars to the rest of the world, is fit for a king, I imagine the decision at Davidoff HQ must have went along this lines of this "Okay guys that was some epic fun we had becoming millionaires by introducing the world to Cuban cigars, now that we're cigar kings and all what shall we do next week!?" "I know let's become fragrance kings!" "It's a deal! and we'll go out after it and get drunk off our asses but not feel bad because we smell so good!" "I'll drink to that...HEAVILY!" and so the Davidoff fragrance range was born! now! THE RULES!

Rule 1: Don't drown yourself in it - This is not the strongest fragrance in the world to be fair, but don't drown in it all the same at the very MAX I would recommend five sprays, one on chest, one on back of neck, one on each wrist. Sorted! and also...LET IT DRY DOWN...TRUST ME! many people think Cool Water smells like cleaning liquid on first application, I tend to disagree I think it smells more of a cool swimming pool on a hot day, it has that sort of chlorine type smell to it at first (and I know I keep using the word "cool" every ten seconds but seriously...this fragrance is impossible to describe without using it! JUST GIVE ME A GODDAMN BREAK OK!?...it's fine...I'm cool...I'm coo-...DAMMIT! anyhow, back to the guide!) So let it dry down into a nice aquatic scent and you are set to go I would give it about 15 minutes before leaving the house.

Rule 2: Don't wear it in winter - Just don't, wearing this fragrance in winter is like wearing a jumper in summer, you just don't do it. This is a fragrance that instantly makes me feel cooler just by sniffing the nozzle, seriously I'm not kidding they should bring out one that can cure any illness, Placebo by Davidoff!...one day gentlemen...one day!. I picked the finest time to wear this fragrance, my graded unit exam, boiling hot day, air conditioned exam room and the smell of Cool Water flowing from me and around the room, was the most relaxed exam I have ever sat. Fact! so yes, hot day? spray this on and you will be a king among men. Spray this on during a cold day, and you'll be a DEAD MAN!

Rule 3: Play it cool - Again it's not a deliberate pun but seriously this cologne is really really fresh and aquatic, reminds me of holidays, hot day walking around the beach and the shops with the sun beating down and you get back to the hotel, hot and tired and slip into the nice cool swimming pool for instant relief, Cool Water brings all those pleasant memories of past holidays flooding back in a tidal-wave of nostalgia! and is worth buying just for that, I could be a therapist using this, I imagine it would go like this "Oh doctor I just...don't know what to do anymore!" "I do...take a sniff of this" "Oh...I'm imagining me and my husbands honeymoon to Spain! oh the memories, oh! thank you doctor" "Oh Mrs Arcaro the pleasure is all mine!" HELL YEAH! Cool Water advert right there!

Anyhow the sad part...the end! I hope you all have enjoyed this little discussion on this late 80s classic! I certainly have and I made it all the way through without referencing Anchorman which is an impressive feat for me. Anyhow, since this is the end of the guide, please excuse me while I go and play some jazz flute.....I did it again didn't I? DAMMIT!. Why don't you people cheer me up by going out and buying a bottle of this fresh aquatic classic!

No comments:

Post a Comment